Never tried it and ready to get going?
We're grateful that you're reading this page right now and so glad you are considering starting your yoga journey with us at The Yoga Nest!
We offer a couple of options for you if you're new to our studio:
1. If you have some yoga experience, feel free to just drop in to any of our weekly group classes for a test drive. Drop in classes are $17 and you simply pay your instructor when you come. (We accept all the usual forms of payment.) It is also helpful to fill out the waiver form ahead of time, but you can also do this at the studio. No need to make a reservation ahead of time.
2. If you've never done any yoga and/or you have some physical concerns that you want to be sure you can accommodate in your practice, please try a "New to Yoga" 1 hour private session with either Karen or Layla. (Read more below.)
Stuff that's good to know
1. We practice barefoot.
So don't stress about what shoes to wear.
2. Bring a yoga mat. We do have some mats you can borrow, but it's more hygienic for you to practice with your own personal mat. Yes, we do clean them, but it's a good investment for you!
3. We don't do hot yoga. Our studio will be close to 70 degrees throughout the colder months, and in the mid-seventies during hotter months. When it's cold you may start with a jacket and socks on, but soon enough you'll be taking them off.
4. Please arrive before the actual class time so that you have time to put your shoes and coat away and place your mat and props. 5 minutes will do it. Sometimes classes are full and it's an interruption to re-configure the room for latecomers. Kinda messes with the yoga juju.
5. Please silence your phone. This is YOU time, and for the time you're in the studio, you are just not available! And nobody really wants to listen to your distinctive ringtone during class. Thanks.
Get Started NOW
It is NOT required to do this before attending a group class, but we do recommend it.
If you have never done any yoga (or even if you tried it sometime and didn't like it) we recommend doing a private 1 hour session before trying out a regular group class.
We'll warm up a bit and do some staple yoga poses that help us assess what you need and what the best class options would be for you moving forward.
We'll address areas of concern you have and offer alignment and yoga prop tips that support the safest practice habits for you to get started.
It'll help you to feel how your body responds to the poses and know more about what to expect in a class setting so that you're more likely to stick with it.
You can schedule it at a time that's convenient so you can start attending classes sooner rather than later.
We hope to have the pleasure to help you get started on your yoga adventure!
NEW TO YOGA Private Session
with Karen or Layla
1 hr. ~ $65
If you have a J. O. B. that limits your class attendance to
MON/THUR EVENINGS & SATURDAYS,
Please set an appointment with LAYLA to get started.
If you have the option to attend classes
TUE/THUR MORNINGS & SUNDAYS,
Please set up an appointment with KAREN to get started.
If you intend to come to Patsy's
WED EVENING class,
Just come! You'll love it.